Component 2: Strengthen the health system to improve delivery of the Malaria Plus interventions in the target states
a. Increasing access to, and utilization of preventive measures (*Relevant to PDO are repeated here)
9. Percentage of households with at least one ITN/LLIN
*10. Percentage of pregnant women who slept under an ITN/LLIN the night preceding the survey
*11.Percentage of children <5 years of age who slept under an ITN/LLIN the night preceding the survey
12. Percent of children aged 12-23 months with cough and fast/difficult breathing in the last two weeks who were taken to a health facility or received antibiotics from an alternative source
13. Percent of children aged 12-23 months with diarrhea in the last two weeks who received oral rehydration solution (ORS) and/or recommended home fluids (RHF)
14. Percent of infants aged 0-5 months that are vaccinated with the DPT3 and Measles vaccines.
15. Percent of women with children 12-23 months of age who received an ITN/LLIN during last pregnancy
*16. Percentage of women with children <1 year of age who received ANC care during last pregnancy
B.Expanding access to, and utilization of effective diagnostic and treatment services
*17. Percentage of children <5 years with fever treated with an effective antimalarial within 24 hours from the onset of symptoms
18. Percentage of health facilities who treated children <5 with febrile disease with an effective antimalarial using the IMCI protocol by type of service (public and private).
19. Percentage of mothers who recognize signs of severe illness in children know when and where to obtain help.
C. Strengthening community mobilization and communication for behaviour change
20. Percentage of children with fast or difficult breathing or chest in-drawing who were treated for pneumonia
21. Percentage of mothers and caretakers who know the danger signs for malaria, pneumonia and when to seek help
D. Improving state-specific M&E for evidence-based management
21. M&E data used at least annually to analyze and use the information to modify and to improve annual work plan for the SMOH, including State and LGA implementing partners and PIFs
22. Percentage of State and LGAs implementing partners using M&E data to manage their MPP Project and to report results to SMOH